Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I sort or filter the results?
- Why am I logged out when going to the next page?
- What do I get when I become a member?
- Can I share my account?
- Do you have plans and specifications?
- What does the project status indicate?
- How do I submit a project?
- Does it cost me anything to submit my project?
- Do I have to pay any additional fees beyond the subscription cost?
- Is it safe to give my payment information online?
- How do I bid on a project?
- What do the symbols on the search results page mean?
- How do I search for projects that work for my company?
- Can I delete projects from the database that are of no interest to me?
- Can I get notifications when specific companies are listed on a job?
- Can I enter personal notes on a project?
- How do I save a project for future viewing?
- How do I export the data from my searches?
- How do I change or stop the email alerts?
- If I have a company I work with, can I do a search for the projects they are associated with?
- Can I search for a specific project?
1. Can I sort or filter the results?
Simply click the arrows to the right of the "Sort By" box to sort all of the projects using the selected criteria.
2. Why am I logged out when going to the next page?
We use technologies that require persistent sessions. Persistent sessions require your web browser security settings to be set to medium in most cases. Your browser must be set to accept cookies.
3. What do I get when I become a member?
You receive access to an online database of planned commercial construction activity, private and public. You will receive the project details as well as information for the contacts handling the projects, including phone, fax, email, mailing address, first and last name for project principals including owners, tenants, architects, developers, project managers and contractors. We also provide project documents (bidders lists and plans and specifications) when available, as well as project maps and site photos.
4. Can I share my account?
You may not share your account information with anyone. Sharing your account information is against our licensing policy and terms of service. We employ a variety of methods to ensure user licenses are not violated. If a violation is found, you may be subject to additional fees and account termination.
To purchase additional user licenses for your account, please contact us for more details.
5. Do you have plans and specifications?
We do have plans and specifications on most projects which may be accessed with a paid subscription. The documents are usually in downloadable .ZIP files in the following formats:
Plans and specifications are located on a tab at the top of the project.
6. What does the project status indicate?
- Conceptual: Owner/Developer and Engineer contacts - land purchase or zoning approval process - no Architect hired.
- Design: Architect hired - construction document development. Planning Commission approval process.
- Final Planning: Construction documents complete - Planning Commission/Government agency approvals received. General Contractor bidding has yet to commence. Permits may be being obtained.
- Pre-Construction / Negotiated: Construction documents complete. General Contractor, Construction Manager, or Design-Builder negotiated. Subcontractor bidding has yet to commence - permits being obtained.
- GC Bidding: General Contractor bids are being accepted or a date has been set.
- Sub-Bidding: Subcontractor bids are being accepted or a date has been set.
- Post-Bid: Bidding is closed but award information is not yet available.
- Under Construction: Construction has begun but some bidding may still be taking place.
- Bid Results: The bid results are available and posted to the project.
- Award: All contracts have been awarded.
- Under Construction: Construction work has commenced.
- Occupancy: Construction work is complete and the building is occupied.
- Project Abandoned: Project has been abandoned or tabled until further notice.
7. How do I submit a project?
Click here to submit your project information. After submitting your project, a representative will contact you.
8. Does it cost me anything to submit my project?
No. There is no cost to submit a project.
9. Do I have to pay any additional fees beyond the subscription cost?
There are no hidden fees or costs. Your subscription covers all costs associated with using the website.
10. Is it safe to give my payment information online?
We use state of the art security to protect your information. We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL) and encrypt all of your personal information.
11. How do I bid on a project?
There is no one specific process for bidding on a construction project. Bidding procedures and related documentation can vary widely from one project to another. The invitation to bid or request for proposals will denote which process to follow in order to put your bid together. Some of the commonly used AIA contract documents can be found at http://www.aia.org/docs_default.
Other helpful resources can be found at www.constructionbook.com.
The first step to bidding a project involves introducing your company and providing relevant qualifications. If the entity that is handling the bidding process decides that you are qualified to bid on the work, they will contact you directly with an invitation to bid. It is at this point that you will be made aware of the specific bidding requirements, schedule, documents etc.
It is important to remember that our company simply provides you with information on projects that are in the planning and bidding stages. We do not involve ourselves in the projects directly. It is up to you to make contact directly with the owners, developers, architects, and contractors that are working on the projects and making the decisions.
12. What do the symbols on the search results page mean?
- Clicking any minus/plus sign will minimize/expand the project information to quickly view the project name, building use, estimated start date and value, and the description, while clicking the project name or the "View Complete Details" link will bring you to the full project details page.
- The folder icon in the far right column lets you know whether you are tracking a project in your saved folder.
- The paper clip icon indicates the presence of attached files, including plans and specs, invitations to bid, or planholders lists.
13. How do I search for projects that work for my company?
The project search page is the best way to narrow down your search results to find the projects that are best suited for your company. By clicking the tab labeled "Search" at the top of the page, you will be able to use the advanced search page and select criteria for your search. Simply select the relevant criteria and your search results will update in real-time. Click the magnifying glass icon next to the keyword field to activate your keyword search. Remember that you do not have to fill out every field. Using our website to locate projects specific to your company's needs has never been easier, and once you create a search you like, it can be saved for future use or to activate custom email alerts.
14. Can I delete projects from the database that are of no interest to me?
You can exclude projects from your search results by clicking the "Exclude" button located on the Project Details page.
15. Can I get notifications when specific companies are listed on a job?
Yes, when you save a company to your company folder, you will receive an email alert to notify you that the company has been added to a project.
16. Can I enter personal notes on a project?
You can use the Notes tab on each Project Details page to add notes and reminders to projects.
17. How do I save a project for future viewing?
Click the "Save" button located on the Project Details page to save project to your folder.
18. How do I export the data from my searches?
With the DataPro feature, you are able to download project search results into .CSV, .XML, and .PDF formats.
19. How do I change or stop the email alerts?
Email preferences can be edited by clicking on the Communications tab.
20. If I have a company I work with, can I do a search for the projects they are associated with?
The Company Search page can be used to locate companies. Use the criteria on the left to find the company, and then click on their name to find the list of projects they are listed on.
21. Can I search for a specific project?
If you know the name of the project, you can search for project by title using Keywords and selecting Project Title in Search. The Project ID box at the top of the page can be used to locate projects by Project ID.